Chronicles of a twenty-something mom

Just daily ramblings of dreams, frustrations and life in general as a twenty something mom, wife, student and friend. Sometimes deep thoughts and sometimes just bs, mostly just me being me.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

He's Home!!!

Yes he got in on tuesday night and I am so happy. It has been such a long time and I was so nervous. Just to be in his presence though is a great feeling. We already have our adjustment issues to go through but so far so good. I have to be a little sensitive to the fact that he has been gone a long time and isolated from any kind of "normal" life. He has only had to look after himself and the emotional aspect has been pretty closed off. I keep wanting things to be just like they were before he left. He was always so affectionate. This time its a bit slow going. When we are around crowds of people he stiffens up and is always scanning the area. Poor baby. He just needs time to unwind so I've stepped back a bit and will allow things to just happen naturally. I have class this saturday but I think I am not gonna go so that he isn't overwhelmed by the kids for 8 hours. He hasn't had to take care of any kids for a while and when he did it was just the baby. So he's gonna have to ease into it. So far so good.
Wish us luck!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Kristen said…

    Good luck! Bravo to you for being so understanding of him..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home